Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bookmarking is awesome!!!

Hi, my name is David Cantu and I am currently enrolled in the University of Texas at Brownsville where I am about to complete a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership. I created this blog to help current and future college/university students, educators at all levels, and online bookworms that spend hours searching for credible sources such as journal articles via the web. I am also pursuing a Master’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and using online sources can become very tedious work.
Therefore this blog was created for those of us that use the Internet as a tool to hunt down that resource that will help us write a paper or that resource that will help us present a topic. Bookmarking is something totally new to me. If it wasn't for this technology course I am enrolled in I would not have ever stumbled upon bookmarking. Bookmarking is an online service that allows people to highlight, bookmark, and share an online source.
The website I use is Diigo and it has really opened my eyes to new possibilities because I am the type that reads and reads and reads and often times forgets where I read it. But not anymore, I can easily access my account from anywhere. I can also go back, find the source I read with a highlighted section of what I found to be interesting or important. Try it and tell me what you think.

8 comments:

  1. Just to save time on looking for Diigo here is the hyperlink to it:
    http://www.diigo.com/introduce/home
    I hope this tool will be of use to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole concept has really taken me by storm...I know it might have been around for a while now but it has really helped me out a lot...here is the hyperlink to my Diigo:
    http://www.diigo.com/profile/dcantu72

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if my profile was of any help but I hope those that read this can put bookmarking to good use...remember, when writing is your product going to be successful because you were lucky, or because you were you had all your ducks in a row...this is where bookmarking comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I go through the whole bookmarking experience, I have view other people's postings. And as I search for tags and bookmarkings I have also noticed the way some accounts are structured. I hope to use guidelines on my homepage in order to create groups; it's a great idea, and a good way to make bookmarks searchable. I got this idea off of Vicki Davis' page, view it for yourself... it is an awesome example.
    http://groups.diigo.com/groups/educators

    ReplyDelete
  5. A question was asked in Diigo by Bill Guinee:
    > > > Does anyone know if there are any groups or resources specifically aimed at using Diigo for collaborative learning, researching and other goals in college or university classes. While there is much in this group that is of value to all teachers willing to experiment, there are also some differences between the higher education classes and the majority of what is being discussed here.
    Wow...bookmarking used for collaborative learning research...it just keeps surprising me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that there are more questions out there...and there are probably many answers on the use of bookmarking in education...what has been your experience with bookmarking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree, Bookmarking is a very helpful tool for those of us who are always searching for information. My Favorites list on my computer was pretty long now, but Bookmarking with Diigo has made my life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bookmarking! yuuup, I'm with Luis on that one, ... diigo has made it easier to get around to and remember sites! I like the highlighting tool though, my favorite on the site.

    ReplyDelete